frequently asked questions (faqs)
Can equipment be booked over the phone?
- Equipment cannot be booked over the telephone.
- Equipment bookings are subject to equipment availability.
- The Equipment Request Form is available at www.connect.ecuad.ca/bookav and should be submitted 48 hours in advance.
How do I confirm my equipment booking?
- An equipment booking confirmation email will be sent to your Emily Carr email address to confirm your booking.
- If you do not receive an equipment booking confirmation email, contact AV in-person, by telephone 604.844.3829 or by email at email@example.com.
- Please note, equipment bookings are unavailable on Saturdays and Sundays.
Can I take out equipment longer than the two day borrowing period?
There are rare cases when equipment will be authorized for an extended borrowing period, but it is subject to approval by Regan Paynter, AV Coordinator, Technical Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If I forget my Emily Carr ID card, will I be able take out equipment without it?
- No, you must have your Emily Carr ID card to borrow equipment. It is prohibited to use someone else’s ID card.
Can I send someone else to pick up my booked equipment?
- No, the Borrower who requested the booked equipment must be present at the time the equipment is picked up. The Borrower is solely responsible for the equipment on loan.
What happens if I forget to bring back a part of an equipment package by the due date?
- The Borrower is responsible for returning the entire equipment package. Any package with missing parts will be considered 'not returned' and will be subject to late fees until the part(s) has been returned.
I am a Continuing Studies Student, may I take out equipment?
- No, only students enrolled in credit classes in a degree program have access to the equipment in the AV Department.
What are the loan periods for equipment?
- For loan period information, view the Policy Agreement.
Does the AV Department have headphones or external HDD?
- The AV Department does have headphones, and thumb drives will be available soon.
Does AV sell MiniDV tapes or Blank CD's?
- No, the AV Department does not sell these items.